As the substance abuse epidemic swells, nurses remain particularly vulnerable for many reasons including job-related stress, injuries, fatigue, emotional burnout and accessibility to powerful medications. This symposium explores substance abuse in the nursing profession: root causes, treatment options, rehabilitation and recovery.
Speakers will present a broad view of the issues related to substance abuse in healthcare professions:
- Andrew Ratcliff, DEA Diversion Investigator, Indianapolis District Office
- Kimberly New, BSN, JD, Executive Director and Co-founder, International Health Facility Diversion Association
- Rodrigo Garcia, APN, MBA, MSN, CRNA, ACIT, Executive Program and Professional Re-entry Director, Parkdale Center for Professionals
- Policy Panel moderated by Robin P. Newhouse, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Dean and Distinguished Professor, Science of Nursing Care, Indiana University School of Nursing
- Overview of Indiana Professionals Recovery Program
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
8:30 am—4:00 pm EDT
Registration fee: $100
- Seating is limited
- Parking is free
- Continental breakfast and lunch included
This activity will provide 5.5 contact hours. The learner must attend the entire event and complete the evaluation to receive credit. The planners and presenters of this educational offering have indicated they have no conflict of interest.
Eskenazi Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Ohio Nurses Association an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OH-437, 12/01/18) (OBN-001-91)