Access to Care was convened by the Indiana Center for Nursing in 2013. The facilitated discussion, which involved nearly 30 Indiana healthcare organizations, was the first step in generating ideas to determine how state resources can best be leveraged to improve healthcare access for all Hoosiers. Interprofessional teams consisting of physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, lobbyists and healthcare profession faculty have collaborated on projects with state officials to create innovative strategies to improve access to care.
Projects and Initiatives:
- Provided letters from healthcare organizations to Governor Pence supporting the creation of an Indiana program for the uninsured
- Worked with state leaders to develop a clear definition of “provider” within Indiana Medicaid
- Collaborated with the Indiana Department of Education to create Delegation Guidelines for Indiana School Nurses
- Sponsored annual state-wide Interprofessional Education and Practice Conference
- Developing a state-wide collaborative approach to online simulation using avatars with multidisciplinary student participation
All meetings are 2:00-4:00 pm EST/EDT, at the Indiana Center for Nursing
Summary Narrative of Nurse Faculty Loan Repayment
Nurse Faculty Loan Support Primer
PD 3311 Nurse Faculty Loan Repayment
Template–Nurse Faculty Support
ISNA Interim Health Committee 9.28.17
Covering Kids & Families of Indiana 15th Annual Luncheon
Indiana Primary Health Care Access Plan, 2017-2018. IPHCA.
Fostering Growth Enhancing Expertise, 2016-17 Year in Review. IPHCA.
FSSA HIP 2.0 Update, S. Gartenman
IUSON Interprofessional Collaborative Practice Model, J. Embree and B. Lee
Guidelines to Delegation for Indiana School Nurses–Presentation, B. Miley and C. Snyder
Guidelines to Delegation for Indiana School Nurses–Complete Summary