Under the direction of its Board of Directors, ICN formulates strategic plans to build the future of nursing in Indiana. We strive to create an education and practice environment that will make Indiana a destination state for nursing practice. We welcome the support and expertise of individuals and organizations. Join our work!
ICN Strategic Priorities
•One Voice, One Center for Indiana Nursing
•Design Indiana Nursing’s Role in Influencing the Emerging Healthcare Delivery System
•Build Indiana Nursing Workforce to Position Nurses as Leaders in Promoting Health
•Nursing Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
•Increase Diversity in Nursing to Reflect Population of the State
Join a committee or initiative
Individual volunteers strengthen Indiana’s nursing workforce by participating in ICN committees and task forces. To volunteer for one of the committees below, or to discuss your options, please contact us at email@example.com or 317.574.1325
Involved with issues, programs, pipeline and educational mobility initiatives, clinical placement and partnerships related to the education of the current and future nursing workforce
Focuses on issues, programs, events and partnerships related to nursing practice and impact of the nursing workforce
Addresses activities related to fundraising and fundraising events, scholarship, grant writing, and philanthropic relationship building
Focuses on data collection activities related to Indiana’s education, supply and demand nursing data set; research, analysis and distribution activities
Develops and sustains regional partnerships, memberships and other activities that will ensure a cohesive state nursing center. Oversees the accuracy of the website, public policy related to nursing workforce issues, legislative and/or regulatory initiatives that impact nursing education and practice, communication and corporate image
Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
Committed to the strategic goal of increasing diversity in Indiana’s nursing workforce to better reflect the state’s population
Become a member organization
We invite all eligible organizations to join ICN. Eligible organizations include healthcare institutions and delivery settings, organizations that employ nurses, professional and healthcare associations, accredited schools of nursing, government entities, private industry and advocacy organizations. The Board of Directors must approve any organization seeking membership.
Benefits of membership
• ICN is recognized statewide, nationally and internationally as the single, unified voice for Indiana nursing.
• We are leading the work of the Indiana Action Coalition (IAC), chosen by the Center to Champion Nursing in America to implement the national recommendations from the Institute of Medicine’s (now called the National Academy of Medicine) report, The Future of Nursing. IAC has gained national and international recognition for its ability to build a statewide initiative to identify and implement innovative reform in the areas of inter-professional education and practice, nursing education, nursing practice and diversity. This momentum has been instrumental in leading change in nursing and the improved culture of health for Indiana citizens.
• Through strong collaborative relationships with organizations including the Council of Indiana Nursing Deans and Directors (CINDD), Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives (IONE), Indiana Hospital Association (IHA), Indiana State Nurses Association (ISNA), Indiana League for Nursing (ILN), Indiana Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) and Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, ICN influences state and national policies related to the healthcare workforce.
•ICN is the recognized site for Indiana data related to the national nursing minimal data set: education, supply and demand data for nursing workforce, today and tomorrow. Working in collaboration with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency and the Bowen Center for Health Workforce Research and Policy, ICN is involved in all state-wide data collection and reporting for nursing professionals.
• ICN compiles an up-to-date list of Indiana’s fully accredited nursing programs, both undergraduate and graduate. We promote pipeline development through web-based career guidance and individualized career counseling.
• We are Indiana’s premiere center for philanthropic support of nursing education at the undergraduate and graduate level, providing scholarships to students enrolled in nursing programs throughout the state. Since 2011, ICN has distributed over $536,000 in scholarship money to its member schools.
• ICN identifies and impacts Indiana nursing issues by engaging statewide leaders from nursing practice and education, as well as business, to discuss these issues.
• Our memberships and partnerships encompass not only recognized state and national nursing leaders, but also leaders from the broader community who have a stake in shaping the future of healthcare to best meet the needs of Indiana citizens. Through programs such as Access to Care, stakeholders from across Indiana are invited to join the discussion.
• ICN will continue as a robust clearinghouse for the latest trends and issues related to Indiana healthcare and its largest provider workforce – nursing.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-574-1325